World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Clear Creek Baptist Bible College

Article Id: WHEBN0004325652
Reproduction Date:

Title: Clear Creek Baptist Bible College  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Mid-Continent University, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Buildings and structures in Bell County, Kentucky, Pineville, Kentucky, Association for Biblical Higher Education
Collection: 1926 Establishments in Kentucky, Association for Biblical Higher Education, Baptist Christianity in Kentucky, Bible Colleges, Buildings and Structures in Bell County, Kentucky, Education in Bell County, Kentucky, Educational Institutions Established in 1926, Pineville, Kentucky, Universities and Colleges Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Universities and Colleges Affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, Universities and Colleges in Kentucky
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Clear Creek Baptist Bible College

Clear Creek Baptist Bible College
Established 1926
Type Private, 4 year
Religious affiliation Kentucky Baptist Convention
President Dr. Donnie Fox
Location Pineville, Kentucky, USA
Website .edu.ccbbcwww

Clear Creek Baptist Bible College (CCBBC), formerly named Clear Creek Mountain Springs, Inc., Clear Creek Mountain Preacher School and Clear Creek Baptist School, is a religious institution of higher education located in Pineville, Kentucky. CCBBC provides a Bible-based education focusing on Christian service. The college is accredited with the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Association for Biblical Higher Education. CCBBC was founded by Dr. Lloyd Caswell Kelly in 1926. Dr. Donnie Fox has been the President of Clear Creek Baptist Bible College since April 25, 2007.

History

Kentucky Issue the Louisville Local newspaper. In 1907 he and Nancy Newland married in Stanford, Kentucky at her father’s home. In 1908 Rev. Kelley and his bride moved to Orlinda, Tennessee to take the pastorate at Orlinda Baptist Church. Here Lloyd and Nancy began their family. He and Orlinda Baptist Church started an annual Bible Institution in 1908.

After 1910 the family moved to Taylor County Kentucky where Kelly began working with the Russell Creek Association of Baptist. The association ran an academy called Russell Creek Academy, which went into finical distress in 1908. Kelly aided in its reopening the school in 1914, and in 1916 began holding higher education classes. Within ten more years, by 1924, it became Campbellsville Junior College, now known as Campbellsville University. In 1919 Rev. Kelley took the pastorate of First Baptist Church in Pineville, Kentucky. He had been preaching for 25 years by that point. He led prohibition rallies and preached passionately against alcohol. In 1924 while walking the L&N railway through a pre-civil war tunnel crossing creeks and mountains the voice of God came clear to him.

The first meeting was held in 1926, with a two-week schedule. He felt led to start an annual Bible Institute and chartered Clear Creek Mountain Springs, Inc. The institution transformed into Clear Creek Mountain Preacher School and Clear Creek Baptist School during the 1940s and 1950s. During the 1920s Clear Spring was used by the Kentucky Baptist as their Camp meeting location, as revivals were held on what is now the main campus and the athletic field. In the 1930s and 1940s RA (Royal Ambassadors) and GA (Girls in Action) camps were held for children all over Kentucky. One Child from Pineville, Buddy Albright, announced his call to the mission field at an RA Camp. He later became a Missionary to Africa along with his wife Jean (Flowers) Albright. The campus work study program was an interesting one, with large chicken coops and farming areas, a furniture factory (making pews and pulpit furniture), and RA arrows for archery men could work and provide and study as well. In 1948 Kelly Hall was finished, which housed family and single students as well as offices and a chapel. Kelly Hall still serves today as the male dormitory and cafeteria.

Dr. D.M. Aldridge came as President in the 1954 and brought the school into full-time education ministry. The work study program flourished and campus housing improved. In 1982 Dr. Leon Simpson came as president, during that time in 1986 the school received full accreditation.

One of the faculty serving at that time was New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. He also was employed by the Baptist Sunday School Board. He retired from Clear Creek Baptist Bible College in 1989 and moved back to Louisville, Kentucky.

In 1988 Dr. Bill D. Whitaker came as president. He face many challenges and came through successful. He cause the school to become debt free and constructed a new education center, now known as the Bill D. Whitaker Class Room Building. Dr. Whitaker had previously served as the Kentucky Baptist Convention President, who had a heart for Clear Creek.

Dr. Donnie Fox is the fifth and current president and the first Clear Creek alumnus to hold that office. The schools new motto is “A Clear Call” and its purpose is still the same: equipping God-called men and women.

External links

  • Clear Creek Baptist Bible College official web site
  • DR. DONNIE FOX IS THE 5th PRESIDENT OF CLEAR CREEK BAPTIST BIBLE COLLEGE
  • About CCBBC

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.